MHT-CET Eligibility Criteria 2021
Minimum Passing Marks, Percent, Age, Required for Qualifying MHT-CET
MHT-CET Eligibility Criteria
Candidates aspiring to appear for MHT-CET need to satisfy certain criteria to be eligible to appear for exam. These criteria, laid down by State Common Entrance Cell, Maharashtra, consist of details about nationality, age limit, type of candidature and other such clauses.
It is essential to satisfy these clauses in order to be eligible to appear for the exam and then to get admission into Maharashtra engineering colleges.
MHT-CET General Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality – The candidates should be of Indian nationality.
- Age Limit – There is no age limit to appear for MHT-CET.
- Qualifying Examination – The candidates should have completed their 12th standard or equivalent examination from a recognized board/university with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- Marks Required – General category candidates must have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in 12th standard examination and Candidates from SC / ST / OBC category should have secured 45%.
As per DTE Maharashtra, 85% of the seats in private unaided engineering institutes in Maharashtra will be filled through MHT CET, while 15% seats will be filled/reserved for All India Quota based on MHT CET.
Candidature Based Eligibility Criteria
Maharashtra state Candidates (State Quota) / All India Candidates (All India Quota)
Only Indian nationals are eligible under this category.
Candidates should have passed HSC/equivalent exam with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects with any one of the subjects – Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical / Vocational subjects.
In these subjects, the candidates should have secured a minimum of 50% marks (for General Category) and at least 45% marks (for reserved category and PwD candidates) belonging to Maharashtra State only.
Candidates must have passed Diploma in Engineering and secured a minimum of 50 % marks in aggregate (for General category) and at least 45% aggregate marks (for reserved/ backward category/ Persons with Disability) belonging to Maharashtra State only.
Should have passed B.Sc. Degree from a recognized university as defined by UGC with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (for General category) and at least 45% aggregate marks (for backward class/ Persons with Disability) belonging to Maharashtra State only. These candidates should have passed XII class with Mathematics as a subject.
Children of NRI / OCI / PIO / Indian Workers in Gulf Countries (CWIGC), Foreign National (FN) Candidates
These candidates must have passed HSC or equivalent exam with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with one of these – Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical / Vocational subjects and obtained at least 50% marks in the above subjects taken together
Eligibility Criteria for Maharashtra State Candidature
Candidates having domicile of Maharashtra state come under this. These candidates can claim only one type of candidature type. Below are five types of candidatures:
- Type A : Candidates passing SSC and also Diploma in Engineering or HSC or Bachelor of Science Exam from a recognized institution in the state of Maharashtra. Candidate who is either Domicile of Maharashtra and/or is born in Maharashtra.
- Type B : Candidate not falling in Type A but his/her mother or father are domiciles of Maharashtra.
- Type C : Candidates who do not fall in Type A or Type B but their mother or father is a Government of India or Government of India Undertaking employee. Either of the parents should be posted and reported to the duty in Maharashtra before the deadline of MHT CET application submission.
- Type D : Candidates who do not fall in (Type A, B and C category), but either of their parents is employees of or are retires as Government of Maharashtra or Government of Maharashtra Undertaking.
- Type E : Candidates passing SSC and/or HSC Exam from a recognized institution situated in a disputed Maharashtra-Karnataka Border Area and whose Mother tongue is Marathi.
Eligibility Criteria for All India Candidature
Candidates who are Indian Nationals but don't have a domicile of Maharashtra fall under this category.
Eligibility Criteria for Minority Candidature
Candidates belonging to a particular Linguistic or Religious Minority Community from the State of Maharashtra and as notified by the Government fall under this category.
Eligibility Criteria for Other State Candidature
Candidates having a Domicile Certificate / Residential Certificate / Residence and Date of Birth Certificate issued from the competent authority other than Maharashtra state are eligible under this category. Jammu and Kashmir Migrant Candidates will be considered as OMS candidates.